Velocit® Quick Pregnancy Detection Test is manufactured by Dr. Reddy's. It gives women an accurate estimation of pregnancy.
This test detects whether the human chorionic gonadotropin hormone (HCG) is in your urine and thereby can confirm or disprove pregnancy.
HCG is a hormone produced by the placenta during pregnancy. The absorbent area on the strip, marked as “S”, contains chemicals that help to detect HCG when applied urine is absorbed inside the kit. The areas marked as “C” and “T” show the results of the test, either positive, negative or invalid.
Velocit® Quick Pregnancy Detection Test contains a dropper, a desiccant that helps in avoiding moisture and protecting the kit for the user, a leaflet with instructions and the test card.
Velocit® Quick Pregnancy Detection Test provides fast and accurate results within a few minutes.
How to use Velocit® Quick Pregnancy Detection Test:
Before using the test, bring it to the room temperature. The kit can be used on the first day of missed period. Try to collect first-morning sample of the urine, as it is considered better than at any time of the day. Avoid consuming too much liquid before the test as it can interfere with producing reliable results.
1. Add 3 drops of urine in the circular area marked as “S”.
2. Wait for 2 minutes to know the results.
3. Discard the test after getting results.
You are pregnant: if you find two pink colored lines along “T” and “C”, it indicates that your pregnancy test is positive.
You are not pregnant: if you see one pink colored line along “C”, it indicates that your pregnancy test is negative.
Note, if you do not find any colored line on the strip, it indicates an invalid test. Repeat the test by using a new test device.
The test may show false positive results due to:
- certain prescription medications (hCG injections, phenothiazine, anticonvulsants, anti-Parkinson’s drugs, some tranquilizers, some diuretics, promethazine);
- contaminated urine sample (presence of impurities in the urine sample, such as soap, detergent, or blood);
- medical conditions (e.g., ectopic pregnancy, ovarian cysts, menopause, choriocarcinoma, ovarian cancer, liver cancer, breast cancer and other cancerous diseases);
- biochemical pregnancy (it occurs when a woman becomes pregnant yet has a spontaneous miscarriage before she even knew she was pregnant).
Store at room temperature between 2°C and 30°C (35 and 86 degrees F) and away from excess moisture and heat. Throw away any unused kit after the expiration date. Keep out of the reach of children.