iCare® Gonorrhea Rapid Screen Test is produced by JAL Innovation Ltd. Using this kit both men and women can find out if they are infected with Neisseria gonorrhoeae.
Gonorrhea is a sexually transmitted infection (STI) caused by bacteria called Neisseria Gonorrhoeae or gonococcus. The bacterium commonly spreads in warm moist areas of the reproductive tract, and also in the anus, throat, eyes and mouth.
In men, symptoms of Gonorrhea usually appear within 2 to 5 days of infection (sometimes up to 1 month). Symptoms include pain and a burning sensation during urination, pain in the testicles, and discharge or pus from the penis which may be yellow, green, or white in color.
Women infected with Gonorrhea may possibly have symptoms: burning with urination, pain during sexual intercourse, abnormal vaginal discharge, and bleeding between periods.
iCare® Gonorrhea Rapid Screen Test kit consists of test cassette, desiccant (to keep contents dry), dropper, Buffer A and Buffer B solution bottles, two swabs, one mixing tube with cap, instruction sheet.
Major benefit of this kit is that it is very simple to use and you do not require any assistance to detect the Gonorrhea Trachomatis by using this kit.
iCare® Gonorrhea Rapid Screen Test kit does not contain infectious microorganisms, viruses or prions; and it contains specific antigens/antibodies for the detection of specific antigens/antibodies derived from the Gonorrhea infective agents, but the antigens/antibodies in the test kit DO NOT cause infection.
Note, to collect male specimen, only one swab is needed. To collect female specimen, two swabs are needed.
How to use iCare® Gonorrhea Rapid Screen Test:
1. Add 300 μl (about 6 drops) of Buffer A solution from bottle into the mixing tube.
2. To collect male specimen, only one swab is needed. To collect female specimen, two swabs are needed.
In order to collect the specimen, follow the instructions below:
Male Specimen Collection:
- Insert one swab into the urethra of the penis.
- Gently rotate swab with sufficient pressure for 3-5 seconds to collect epithelial cells.
- Allow the swab to stay inserted for a few seconds.
- Withdraw the swab carefully. Avoid any contact with any external surface to prevent contamination.
Female Specimen Collection:
- Remove discharge at the vaginal opening, and discard the swab and throw it away.
- Insert the second swab into the vagina.
- Rub and rotate the swab against vagina for 30 seconds.
- Withdraw the swab carefully. Avoid any contact with vaginal mucus or any external surface to prevent contamination.
3. Insert the swab with the collected specimen into the mixing tube, and rotate briefly to mix the specimen into the solution. Keep swab immersed for 5 minutes.
4. Add 300 μl (about 6 drops) of Buffer B solution from bottle into the mixing tube. The amount of Buffer B should be equal to Buffer A.
5. Rotate the swab vigorously for 10 seconds to mix the solution well.
6. Withdraw the swab and discard it.
7. Close the mixing tube and mix the contents by smoothly twirling the tube.
8. Remove the testing cassette from the foil pouch and put it on a level surface.
9. Drop with a micropipette 100 μl (about 4 drops) of solution from the mixing tube into the well of the test cassette.
10. Wait for 15 minutes and check results. Do not read after 20 minutes.
Positive: two pink colored lines along “T” and “C” indicate that test is positive for Gonorrhea (you are infected). Please visit a doctor or licensed medical facility for confirmation testing and treatment.
Negative: one pink colored line along “C” indicates that your test is negative for Gonorrhea (you are not infected).
Invalid: no visible lines at all, or there is a visible line only at “T”, but not at “C”. Repeat the test by using a new test device.
Store at room temperature between 2°C and 30°C (35 and 86 degrees F) and away from excess moisture and heat. Throw away any unused kit after the expiration date. Keep out of the reach of children.